Massage Therapy Spokane Valley
Massage therapy is the assessment and treatment of the soft tissues and joints of the body by hands-on manipulation.
Massage can be defined as the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for therapeutic purposes. It uses a system of strokes that include gliding, kneading, friction, pressure, tapping and vibrating. In addition, massage therapists may engage in active and passive movements of the joints, use auxiliary mechanical devices, apply heat and cold in various forms, and instruct clients on exercises to achieve improved muscle tone circulation, and range of motion.
An excellent form of preventive health care:
Massage therapy melts away stress and tension, relieving associated headaches and muscular aches and pains. Massage therapy aids in the healing process from injury or over-use, and is an excellent form of preventive health care. Its purpose is to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function and relieve pain. Some types of Massage therapy modalities include hydrotherapy, remedial exercise, myofasical and trigger point therapy. Additionally, Massage therapy compliments chiropractic care perfectly.
The benefits of massage:
- Stretches superficial tissue.
- Assists lymphatic and venous flow.
- Helps to break up and loosen subcutaneous tissue adhesions.
- Can help reduce certain types of edema.
- Massage Therapy is recommended for:
- Relief of chronic stress /tension.
- Relief of pain/spasm.
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Sprains/strains/athletic injuries.
- Pregnancy discomforts/post partum.
- Postural disorders/muscle rehabilitation.
- Lymphatic drainage.
- Improved circulation.
- Stimulates the sensory receptors (nerves) of the skin and deeper tissue.
Massage can provide all these benefits and more as part of an integrated treatment program. Whalen Family Chiropractic accepts many insurance plans. However, if massage isn’t covered by your insurance plan, we have extremely affordable rates to ensure you can receive the care you need. Contact us today to schedule a massage appointment today.